Weekly Outdoor Worship Every Wednesday in September
Services begin at 6:30pm
Thanks to the guidance of our Smart Team, you are invited to join us for a weekly worship experience in the Prince of Peace parking lot. Attendees will be able to either sit in socially distant lawn chairs or remain in their cars. Sound will be broadcast from speakers and to an FM radio signal that could be heard over your car radio. Expect about a 30-minute experience with music, message and prayers.
Speakers and musicians will be set up just outside the main entry along the south side of the church building. There will be marked spots for family groups to set up blankets/chairs (please bring your own!) in the north half of the parking lot. Cars will be directed by volunteers into one of two rows facing the church building. Those planning to sit in lawn chairs should park in the lower, west lots.
Communion will be served beginning September 9. There are three ways to participate:
- Receive an individually-packaged container containing a wafer* and juice distributed by one of our servers. Recipients must be wearing a mask, including those in their cars. *Note: the wafer is not gluten-free.
- Come prepared with your own elements and receive the words of promise from one of our servers.
- Decline to receive the elements but hear the words of promise and know that God is fully present in this moment.
Here are some of the guidelines we’ll be following to keep us safe:
- Please arrive between 6 and 6:20pm. Please be in your places when worship starts at 6:30pm.
- Arriving earlier will interfere with Caterpillar Learning Center student pickup.
- Please enter via the north driveway. The south driveway will be blocked off until time for departure.
- Participants either remain inside vehicles or wear masks.
- PoP will provide masks for those without.
- Children ages 3-5 recommended but not required.
- Participants adhere to social distancing:
- Members of the same household may congregate but remain at least 6’ from any other person or household, parents will be expected to help keep children at safe distances.
- Visual markers of appropriate distances will be available.
- Cars will be parked at least 6’ apart.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own chairs/blankets. A limited number of folding chairs will be available.
- Building access, including restrooms, will remain closed.
- In the event of rain, call the church office for an updated message indicating the event being cancelled. Sign up on the RSVP form to receive text alerts.
To assist with planning and logistics, we’re requesting that you RSVP for this event. Please indicate how many in your household will be in attending and if you prefer to sit in the lawn chair area or remain in your parked vehicle.
Sign up to volunteer as a greeter, parking usher or musician on the RVSP form.