On Ash Wednesday, February 17, we begin our forty-day journey toward Easter. Marking our foreheads with dust, we acknowledge that we die and return to the earth. At the same time, the dust traces the life-giving cross indelibly marked on our foreheads at baptism and shapes our identity through life, into death, and for the life to come.
Mark yourself and those in your family with the cross on Ash Wednesday. There is no right or wrong time to do this. There will be a moment during our video worship experience where you will be invited to be marked. Or you may choose to start your day with this act and then carry this baptismal reminder with you all day long.
We Are Turning: Lent 2021
Ash Wednesday, February 17
- Video worship experience available on our website and YouTube Channel any time after 6am. Use the enclosed palm ash to mark your forehead.
- Drive-Thru Ash Imposition available at church entry portico 11:30am-12:30pm and 5:30-6:30pm. Stay in your car and one of the pastors will pray with you.
For each Lenten service we are dedicating a special offering in support of one our our ministry partners. Today, we lift up our work through the Holy Hammers, a coalition of churches that work through Habitat for Humanity to build affordable housing for our neighbors. Click on the button above to make an online gift or send your contribution into the office. Designate “Lent/Habitat” to ensure your gift is properly directed.
“Quarantine in Community” – Wednesdays Feb. 24 – Mar. 24
- We are partnering with four other ELCA congregations in Roseville to share in a common weekly worship experience featuring Holden Evening Prayer. Worship will be available for viewing any time after 6am.
- At 7pm each week, we will gather on Zoom for a time of fellowship and guided conversation with participants of all five congregations. Come meet your neighbors and be restored for another week of your Lenten journey.
- Click here to read more about “Quarantine in Community”.