Candidates Sought to Lead Youth Ministry for Prince of Peace
Taking the next step on her path into ordained ministry, Cori Forcey is stepping away from her role as the leader of our ministry with middle and high school youth as she completes the academic requirements of a Masters of Divinity from Luther Seminary and prepares to serve another lucky congregation as a pastoral intern. We have been deeply blessed by Cori’s presence, leadership, and the love she has shared with our community of faith. We are confident that God will continue to work in and through Cori to shepherd God’s church into the future. A selection committee is now seeking candidates to assume the leadership of our youth ministry, building on the work that has been so faithfully tended to over the last few years.
The ideal candidate will…
- have proven experience building trusting and supportive relationships with middle and high school-aged youth while maintaining and modeling healthy boundaries, including safe-church protocols.
- be comfortable exploring questions of faith with authenticity.
- be familiar with the traditions of ELCA congregations while experienced with innovation.
- be an effective communicator, in all its forms.
- seek out collaboration with a variety of partners, inside and outside the congregation.
This is a part-time position (averaging 10 hours per week), paid hourly and works most closely with the Pastor of Faith Formation, youth ministry volunteers and connected families. The start date is negotiable but is expected to begin by September 1, 2021.
A full position and compensation description can be viewed here: PoP Youth Director Position Description
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and current resume electronically on or before May 21, 2021 to Pastor Betsy Hoium.