Today’s Author: Anne Haugan
Sometimes when observing a gorgeous view on Earth one hears the words, “This must be just like Heaven.”
Do we have to wait for eternal life to know what heaven is like? I think not. Heaven on Earth is not just majestic vistas or enjoying beautiful gardens or the wonder of monarch and bird migrations.
In Matthew 19:14, Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these.”
We are all children of our Heavenly Father. We do belong to the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth and with this belonging, we do have responsibilities.
I think the Heavenly Kingdom on Earth is about everyday “Community Living”.
- Loving our neighbor
- Experiencing love of family
- Demonstrating hospitality
- Being a good person; treating others with kindness and respect
- Showing love and forgiving those who hurt you or treat you differently
- Practicing our faith
- Giving care support to persons in need
- Working for justice
- Being aware of others; being an attentive listener
- Having a positive attitude
- Letting our light shine
- Conserving our natural resources: air, water, soil, vegetation, creatures
What do you suppose our Creator God is thinking when the beautiful Planet Earth is being destroyed bit by bit – not only the natural resources but the way humankind behaviors have become disruptive and violent. How far does God’s grace extend?
Come Holy Spirit Come. Grant us grace to live each day On Earth as ambassadors of Jesus’ love in our community and in the world. Amen.
“Mid-week devotions are authored by members of our community. If you are interested in creating a trio of reflections to be shared on an upcoming Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday contact Pastor Peter.“