Congregation-Wide Book Study for Lent
Read: Welcome Home(less) by Alan Graham
Homeless. No other word better describes our modern-day suffering. It reveals one of our deepest and most painful conditions—not having a sense of belonging. However, Alan Graham, founder of Mobile Loaves & Fishes and Community First! Village, is improving the quality of life for a large quantity of people through sharing his personal story of becoming more human through humanizing others. Graham believes the more we can give people dignity, the power of choice, and genuine community, the better we’ll be able to offer solutions that will have impact on the world at large. And while his missionary work is focused on giving a home to the physically homeless, he also wants to transform the lives of every living person by shifting the paradigm in understanding what it means to be “home.” In Welcome Homeless, Graham delves deep into what it means to be connected to God, the earth, and each other. In doing so, he shows us the home we’ve all longed for but never had. Learn more here.
Used copies are available in the narthex. Paperbacks and audio versions available online.
Join: A Discussion Group
- 5-6pm Wednesdays, facilitated by Pastor Peter
- Mar. 8: Session 1 – Introduction + chapters 1-4
- Mar. 15: Session 2 – Chapters 5-8
- Mar. 22: Session 3 – Chapters 9-12
- 4-5pm Sundays, facilitated by Dian Larson & Michael Stetzler
- Mar. 12: Session 1 – Introduction + chapters 1-4
- Mar. 19: Session 2 – Chapters 5-8
- Mar. 26: Session 3 – Chapters 9-12