The Youth Ministry at Prince of Peace strives to create an atmosphere of discovery around faith relationships and community.
Youth Ministry at Prince of Peace strives to create an atmosphere of discovery around faith, relationships, and community.
- Together we strive to stimulate personal spiritual growth.
- Together we serve one another and others locally and globally, empowering and transforming lives and communities through our joint service.
- Together we build relationships with each other and strengthen the community of Christ.
Youth Ministries are designed to instill a sense of self-worth and improved self-image in youth and families. We offer this specialized ministry with the intent of developing and building assets in youth. We provide a safe environment where healthy relationships develop and grow, while inter-relating their lives with the God story.
Any youth, parents, or adults interested in assisting with youth events, please contact Julene Hawkins.
Youth Ministry Opportunities:
- Confirmation from 7th – 8th grade. Students are Confirmed the fall of their 9th grade year.
- Foundations for 6th – 12th graders is a Sunday discussion group focusing on relationships, fun, and studying the Bible.
- Foundations began October 10, 2021 at 9:30am and will be taking place in person and on Zoom. If you would like to join, email Julene.
- PoP Rocks High School Youth Group
- Summer mission trips, leading Vacation Bible School, Intergenerational events, service projects and more!
Check out the latest Youth Ministry Opportunities and Updates below!
In partnership with the city, we have been working on removing the invasive species buckthorn from our property. The city has agreed to come pick up and chip the large pile of current buckthorn that is lining the side of the lower parking lot, but before they do, we...
High school and middle school youth, join Julene for a game night at Prince of Peace on Friday, October 1st, 6:00 - 8:00pm. Games will be played outside, or inside with masks in case of inclement weather. Bring your favorite board and card games and your friends....
It's time to think about next summer already! The ELCA youth gathering is coming up July 24th-28th, 2022, right here in Minneapolis. The youth gathering is for high school students (those going into 9th grade through students that have just graduated) to gather and...