The Youth Ministry at Prince of Peace strives to create an atmosphere of discovery around faith relationships and community.
Youth Ministry at Prince of Peace strives to create an atmosphere of discovery around faith, relationships, and community.
- Together we strive to stimulate personal spiritual growth.
- Together we serve one another and others locally and globally, empowering and transforming lives and communities through our joint service.
- Together we build relationships with each other and strengthen the community of Christ.
Youth Ministries are designed to instill a sense of self-worth and improved self-image in youth and families. We offer this specialized ministry with the intent of developing and building assets in youth. We provide a safe environment where healthy relationships develop and grow, while inter-relating their lives with the God story.
Any youth, parents, or adults interested in assisting with youth events, please contact Julene Hawkins.
Youth Ministry Opportunities:
- Confirmation from 7th – 8th grade. Students are Confirmed the fall of their 9th grade year.
- Foundations for 6th – 12th graders is a Sunday discussion group focusing on relationships, fun, and studying the Bible.
- Foundations began in person October 10, 2021 at 9:30am. If you would like to join, email Julene.
- PoP Rocks High School Youth Group
- Summer mission trips, leading Vacation Bible School, Intergenerational events, service projects and more!
Check out the latest Youth Ministry Opportunities and Updates below!
It might be chilly outside, but it is time to think summer! Plan to spend a week learning about God, serving our neighbors, having fun and connecting with people from Prince of Peace and the broader community.
Calling all middle school and high school youth! We are going tubing Sunday, February 20th, 2:00-5:15pm at Elm Creek Park Reserve!
As many have you may have heard, the National ELCA Youth Gathering has been cancelled this summer. We are all bummed by the lost opportunity to experience the magnitude of having thousands of high school youth together for a week of faith formation, learning, and fun. However, we support the difficult decision to keep teens, leaders, organizers, and the community safe during the ongoing challenges of the pandemic. After taking a few days to process the cancellation, we began pivoting to plan B. After a group vote, we will be moving forward with a service learning trip to Chicago during the originally planned dates of the youth gathering, July 24th-29th, 2022.