Missions & Outreach
We at Prince of Peace live out our mission and ministry together both locally and globally.
Missions & Outreach
Three of our major programs for mission and outreach are our Tanzanian Mission, our work with Habitat for Humanity, and our Befrienders’ Ministry. In addition, we participate in many other local and global missions.
Local mission partners include:
- Roseville Area Middle School (RAMS) mini food shelf stocked with ready to eat and easily prepared foods, as well as hygiene items and school supplies.
- Central Park Elementary and RAMS. This is a weekend food program coordinated through the Every Meal. Volunteer to help at this SignUp Genius Page.
- Equal Exchange/Fair Trade Coffee, Cocoa, and Chocolate. Please support the Lutheran World Relief Coffee project. Coffee is available at the church office, sold at our cost.
- Keystone Community Services Food Shelf in Roseville
- Lyngblomsten – Assisted Living facility in St. Paul
- Meals on Wheels: we deliver on the 3rd Monday of every month, contact Marie Hanson at 651-631-3565
- Plymouth Christian Youth Center
- Troop 150, Boy Scouts of America and a Girl Scout Troup meet at our facility.
Global mission partners include:
Kenya – Julia Harrington
Julia is based out of Nairobi, Kenya. She specializes in ministering to street children and AIDS/HIV patients in the slums of Kenya. She has spent time in Northern Kenya ministering to the Samburu people. She has also worked with widows in Kenya, helping them market their handicrafts to earn income. In addition to her work with the “Heart-to-Heart” ministries to street children, she provides orientation and training to incoming missionaries to Kenya. Julia and her husband Vincent are affiliated with World Mission Prayer League.
You are invited to join Prince of Peace friends for an outdoor garden project at PoP. We will be re-mulching the rain gardens. People of all ages – from kids to retired people – are invited to participate on Saturday, May 8 from 10 a.m. to noon. (May 15 is...
In recent weeks volunteer opportunities have reopened with several organizations that provide food to people in need. Each organization has identified Covid protocols adapted to their setting. If you are feeling ready to venture out to volunteer...
The Ramsey County Children’s Mental Health Collaborative has put out a call to faith communities for volunteers to help ease the strain on our mental health resources in this time of unprecedented challenges to families with children and teens. Here is a letter...