Missions & Outreach
We at Prince of Peace live out our mission and ministry together both locally and globally.
Missions & Outreach
Three of our major programs for mission and outreach are our Tanzanian Mission, our work with Habitat for Humanity, and our Befrienders’ Ministry. In addition, we participate in many other local and global missions.
Local mission partners include:
- Roseville Area Middle School (RAMS) mini food shelf stocked with ready to eat and easily prepared foods, as well as hygiene items and school supplies.
- Central Park Elementary and RAMS. This is a weekend food program coordinated through the Every Meal. To volunteer to help click here to view available dates and times.
- Equal Exchange/Fair Trade Coffee, Cocoa, and Chocolate. Please support the Lutheran World Relief Coffee project. Coffee is available at the church office, sold at our cost.
- Keystone Community Services Food Shelf in Roseville
- Lyngblomsten – Assisted Living facility in St. Paul
- Meals on Wheels: we deliver on the 3rd Monday of every month, contact Jim Josephson
- Plymouth Christian Youth Center
- Troop 150, Boy Scouts of America and a Girl Scout Troup meet at our facility.
Global mission partners include:
Kenya – Julia Harrington
Julia is based out of Nairobi, Kenya. She specializes in ministering to street children and AIDS/HIV patients in the slums of Kenya. She has spent time in Northern Kenya ministering to the Samburu people. She has also worked with widows in Kenya, helping them market their handicrafts to earn income. In addition to her work with the “Heart-to-Heart” ministries to street children, she provides orientation and training to incoming missionaries to Kenya. Julia and her husband Vincent are affiliated with World Mission Prayer League.
Even though the tomatoes are just turning red in our gardens, we must admit that school will start before we know it. The past two years have been filled with uncertainty for our school kids. But one thing we know for sure is students need supplies whether their...
Thank you to the VBS leaders and behind-the-scenes volunteers. Youth leaders: Lyla and Kieran Burke, Natalie and Wesley Kors, Ellie Thornton. Adult leaders: Diane Knutson, Kris Jacobs-Andresen, Pastor Betsy. VBS set building: Julene...
The six Karen gardens on our South property are up and growing well. Because we are responsible for providing water for the crops, we need volunteers to keep full the blue water barrels and adjacent tubs.