Missions & Outreach
We at Prince of Peace live out our mission and ministry together both locally and globally.
Missions & Outreach
Three of our major programs for mission and outreach are our Tanzanian Mission, our work with Habitat for Humanity, and our Befrienders’ Ministry. In addition, we participate in many other local and global missions.
Local mission partners include:
- Roseville Area Middle School (RAMS) mini food shelf stocked with ready to eat and easily prepared foods, as well as hygiene items and school supplies.
- Central Park Elementary and RAMS. This is a weekend food program coordinated through the Every Meal. Volunteer to help at this SignUp Genius Page.
- Equal Exchange/Fair Trade Coffee, Cocoa, and Chocolate. Please support the Lutheran World Relief Coffee project. Coffee is available at the church office, sold at our cost.
- Food for Friends is Prince of Peace’s program which serves a meal to those in need in our community.
- Growing Through Loss
- Keystone Community Services Food Shelf in Roseville
- Lyngblomsten – Assisted Living facility in St. Paul
- Meals on Wheels: we deliver on the 3rd Monday of every month, contact Marie Hanson at 651-631-3565
- Plymouth Christian Youth Center
- Troop 150, Boy Scouts of America and a Girl Scout Troup meet at our facility.
Global mission partners include:
Kenya – Julia Harrington
Julia is based out of Nairobi, Kenya. She specializes in ministering to street children and AIDS/HIV patients in the slums of Kenya. She has spent time in Northern Kenya ministering to the Samburu people. She has also worked with widows in Kenya, helping them market their handicrafts to earn income. In addition to her work with the “Heart-to-Heart” ministries to street children, she provides orientation and training to incoming missionaries to Kenya. Julia and her husband Vincent are affiliated with World Mission Prayer League.
Thank you to everyone who made a fleece tie blanket as part of our God’s Work. Our Hands month! If you have tied a blanket but not yet returned it to church, please bring it to Park & Pray Worship on Wednesday, October 21 or call the church office (651-484-4144)...
10 years ago, the principal at Sheridan Elementary told us her students didn’t have enough food on the weekends and asked if we could help. In response, we started The Sheridan Story (named after the school) and in the last 10 years, we’ve provided over SIX million...
Thank you to everyone who participated in God’s Work, Our Hands service projects during the month of September. Bring completed fleece tie blankets and baked goods for Soup for You to Park & Pray Worship on Wednesday, Sept. 30. We will have a special blessing...