Missions & Outreach
We at Prince of Peace live out our mission and ministry together both locally and globally.
Missions & Outreach
Three of our major programs for mission and outreach are our Tanzanian Mission, our work with Habitat for Humanity, and our Befrienders’ Ministry. In addition, we participate in many other local and global missions.
Local mission partners include:
- Roseville Area Middle School (RAMS) mini food shelf stocked with ready to eat and easily prepared foods, as well as hygiene items and school supplies.
- Central Park Elementary and RAMS. This is a weekend food program coordinated through the Sheridan Story. Volunteer to help at this SignUp Genius Page.
- Equal Exchange/Fair Trade Coffee, Cocoa, and Chocolate. Please support the Lutheran World Relief Coffee project. Coffee is available at the church office, sold at our cost.
- Food for Friends is Prince of Peace’s program which serves a meal to those in need in our community.
- Growing Through Loss
- Keystone Community Services Food Shelf in Roseville
- Lyngblomsten – Assisted Living facility in St. Paul
- Meals on Wheels: we deliver on the 3rd Monday of every month, contact Marie Hanson at 651-631-3565
- Plymouth Christian Youth Center
- Troop 150, Boy Scouts of America and a Girl Scout Troup meet at our facility.
Global mission partners include:
Kenya – Julia Harrington
Julia is based out of Nairobi, Kenya. She specializes in ministering to street children and AIDS/HIV patients in the slums of Kenya. She has spent time in Northern Kenya ministering to the Samburu people. She has also worked with widows in Kenya, helping them market their handicrafts to earn income. In addition to her work with the “Heart-to-Heart” ministries to street children, she provides orientation and training to incoming missionaries to Kenya.
Join us Sunday, Feb. 16 at 9:40am (between services) for an intergenerational event that includes service projects to show love for our neighbors.
Second Harvest on Martin Luther King Day January 20, 12:30-2:00 pm Ages 6 & up. Sign up in the Narthex or talk to Pastor Betsy for more information Sheridan Story Food Packing at Warehouse Thursday, March 26, 6:00-8:00 pm Ages 8 & up Backpack Filling at...
Listen. Learn. Love: Serving our Neighbors Listen. Learn. Love. Is our theme for this year. One way to do this is by serving our neighbors out in the community. This year we are trying to have at least one service project each month for people of all ages. Times and...