Missions & Outreach
We at Prince of Peace live out our mission and ministry together both locally and globally.
Missions & Outreach
Three of our major programs for mission and outreach are our Tanzanian Mission, our work with Habitat for Humanity, and our Befrienders’ Ministry. In addition, we participate in many other local and global missions.
Local mission partners include:
- Roseville Area Middle School (RAMS) mini food shelf stocked with ready to eat and easily prepared foods, as well as hygiene items and school supplies.
- Central Park Elementary and RAMS. This is a weekend food program coordinated through the Every Meal. To volunteer to help click here to view available dates and times.
- Equal Exchange/Fair Trade Coffee, Cocoa, and Chocolate. Please support the Lutheran World Relief Coffee project. Coffee is available at the church office, sold at our cost.
- Keystone Community Services Food Shelf in Roseville
- Lyngblomsten – Assisted Living facility in St. Paul
- Meals on Wheels: we deliver on the 3rd Monday of every month, contact Jim Josephson
- Plymouth Christian Youth Center
- Troop 150, Boy Scouts of America and a Girl Scout Troup meet at our facility.
Global mission partners include:
- Chinese Hospitality House at the University of Minnesota
- China Service Ventures
Kenya – Julia Harrington
Julia is based out of Nairobi, Kenya. She specializes in ministering to street children and AIDS/HIV patients in the slums of Kenya. She has spent time in Northern Kenya ministering to the Samburu people. She has also worked with widows in Kenya, helping them market their handicrafts to earn income. In addition to her work with the “Heart-to-Heart” ministries to street children, she provides orientation and training to incoming missionaries to Kenya. Julia and her husband Vincent are affiliated with World Mission Prayer League.
Sunday, May 21; 5:00 - 7:00pm Let's have a carnival! That's the way a "PoP-Up" team decided to invest for good. Join us on Sunday, May 21 at 5:00pm for food, fun, information and fellowship. Activities for all ages will include face-painting,...
Serve & Learn + Community Potlucks!
Summer is fast approaching and we want to invite you to our new endeavor - Learn & Serve afternoons coupled with community potlucks back at Prince of Peace. In lieu of VBS, we are designating three days--one each month--to volunteer and learn at an organization...
A Nice Surprise
During our Easter Sunday celebrations yesterday, I had the joy of sharing some really exciting news on behalf of our partners in ministry with Lutheran Social Services of Minnesota and the St. Paul Area Synod. Each year, LSS of MN recognizes one congregation in each of the six Minnesota synods for its leadership in social ministry and social justice in their community. To honor each congregation’s work, they are presented the “Servant of Christ Award” at the synod’s annual assembly. This year, they have announced that Prince of Peace has been selected to receive this award.