Missions & Outreach
We at Prince of Peace live out our mission and ministry together both locally and globally.
Missions & Outreach
Three of our major programs for mission and outreach are our Tanzanian Mission, our work with Habitat for Humanity, and our Befrienders’ Ministry. In addition, we participate in many other local and global missions.
Local mission partners include:
- Roseville Area Middle School (RAMS) mini food shelf stocked with ready to eat and easily prepared foods, as well as hygiene items and school supplies.
- Central Park Elementary and RAMS. This is a weekend food program coordinated through the Every Meal. To volunteer to help click here to view available dates and times.
- Equal Exchange/Fair Trade Coffee, Cocoa, and Chocolate. Please support the Lutheran World Relief Coffee project. Coffee is available at the church office, sold at our cost.
- Keystone Community Services Food Shelf in Roseville
- Lyngblomsten – Assisted Living facility in St. Paul
- Meals on Wheels: we deliver on the 3rd Monday of every month, contact Marie Hanson at 651-631-3565
- Plymouth Christian Youth Center
- Troop 150, Boy Scouts of America and a Girl Scout Troup meet at our facility.
Global mission partners include:
Kenya – Julia Harrington
Julia is based out of Nairobi, Kenya. She specializes in ministering to street children and AIDS/HIV patients in the slums of Kenya. She has spent time in Northern Kenya ministering to the Samburu people. She has also worked with widows in Kenya, helping them market their handicrafts to earn income. In addition to her work with the “Heart-to-Heart” ministries to street children, she provides orientation and training to incoming missionaries to Kenya. Julia and her husband Vincent are affiliated with World Mission Prayer League.
In partnership with the city, we have been working on removing the invasive species buckthorn from our property. The city has agreed to come pick up and chip the large pile of current buckthorn that is lining the side of the lower parking lot, but before they do, we...
Prior to the pandemic, volunteers from Prince of Peace put food into student backpacks at Central Park Elementary School on Fridays (or the last day of the school week). Every Meal (formerly known as Sheridan’s Story) provides this food to schools across the...
On Sunday, September 12 congregations across the ELCA celebrate how we are God’s hands and feet in the world. Following the 10:00 worship service we have a variety of service projects for people of all ages to participate in! From fleece tie blankets to...